Vescovo Toyota of Las Cruces
Automotive Lube and Tire Technician
Vescovo Toyota of Las Cruces
Vescovo Toyota of Las Cruces is the authorized Toyota dealer in Las Cruces, NM. We have been in business for over 30 years and pride ourselves on our friendly, customer-centered service. We have a brand-new 30,000-square-foot facility with a state-of-the-art shop. We provide free training and career advancement opportunities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1 year automotive technician experience OR enrolled in Automotive Technician degree program
- Drivers license
- Meet dealership's requirements for training, drug testing, MVR score, and criminal background check.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with * dealership and factory standards.
- Sells lubrication, safety inspection, and other related services.
- Drains oil from crankcase and refills with required amount of oil.
- Replaces oil and air filters.
- Inspects vehicle fluid levels, replaces or replenishes as necessary.
- Drive vehicles to/from writeup area
- Conduct visual inspection of vehicle and make recommendations on additional needed repairs.
- Replace or rotate tires.
- Checks tire pressure and adds air if needed.
- Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Documents all work performed on the repair order.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs as assigned by service manager.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean. Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned.
•Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
•Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
•Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
•Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
•Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or ora instructions.
•Ability to lift large, heavy objects.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time